Web Toolbar by Wibiya ELDERLY OHIO MAYOR RESIGNS AMID GAY SLUR CONTROVERSY: ‘I DON’T LIKE A QUEER WORKING FOR THE VILLAGE’

The Cuckoo's Nest

Conspiracy UFO Alternative News Paranormal Debate

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ELDERLY OHIO MAYOR RESIGNS AMID GAY SLUR CONTROVERSY: ‘I DON’T LIKE A QUEER WORKING FOR THE VILLAGE’

Go down 
AuthorMessage
OZ

ELDERLY OHIO MAYOR RESIGNS AMID GAY SLUR CONTROVERSY: ‘I DON’T LIKE A QUEER WORKING FOR THE VILLAGE’ Empty
PostSubject: ELDERLY OHIO MAYOR RESIGNS AMID GAY SLUR CONTROVERSY: ‘I DON’T LIKE A QUEER WORKING FOR THE VILLAGE’   ELDERLY OHIO MAYOR RESIGNS AMID GAY SLUR CONTROVERSY: ‘I DON’T LIKE A QUEER WORKING FOR THE VILLAGE’ I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 8:38 pm

(TheBlaze/AP) — The mayor of a southeastern Ohio town has resigned over accusations that she repeatedly called a gay police officer “queer” in front of his colleagues and created a hostile work environment.

Jackie Welker, council president in the Village of Pomeroy, told The Associated Press that 78-year-old Mayor Mary McAngus submitted a letter of resignation Saturday.

“It just seems so absurd, even in our town in Appalachia, that this could still happen,” Welker remarked. “Hopefully this resignation will start the healing.”

Police Chief Mark Proffitt corroborated for the council last week that McAngus referred to Officer Kyle Calendine as “queer” in front of other officers and dispatchers.

more here: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/02/09/elderly-ohio-mayor-resigns-over-gay-slur-controversy-i-dont-like-a-queer-working-for-the-village/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=story&utm_campaign=Share%20Buttons
Back to top Go down

ELDERLY OHIO MAYOR RESIGNS AMID GAY SLUR CONTROVERSY: ‘I DON’T LIKE A QUEER WORKING FOR THE VILLAGE’
Page 1 of 1