Ancient Tombs Discovered Along Silk Road

Go down 
AuthorMessage
I⊥∀NIW∩LLIʞ
Admin
Admin
I⊥∀NIW∩LLIʞ

Ancient Tombs Discovered Along Silk Road Empty
PostSubject: Ancient Tombs Discovered Along Silk Road   Ancient Tombs Discovered Along Silk Road I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 10:20 pm

Along the ancient trade route known as the Silk Road, archaeologists have unearthed 102 tombs dating back some 1,300 years — and almost half of the tombs were for infants.

The surprising discovery was made in remote western China, where construction workers digging for a hydroelectric project found the cluster of tombs. Each tomb contains wooden caskets covered in felt, inside of which are desiccated human remains, as well as copper trinkets, pottery and other items buried as sacrificial items, according to UPI.

"The cluster covers an area of 1,500 square meters (1,794 square yards) on a 20-meter high (66 feet) cliff, an unusual location for tombs," said Ai Tao from the Xinjiang Institute of Archaeology, as quoted in the Indian Times.

more here: http://www.livescience.com/26904-silk-road-infant-tombs-discovered.html?cid=dlvr.it
Back to top Go down
https://thecuckoosnest.forumotion.com

Ancient Tombs Discovered Along Silk Road
Page 1 of 1