Web Toolbar by Wibiya Secretary of Education calls for political parties to “unite” on gun violence prevention

The Cuckoo's Nest

Conspiracy UFO Alternative News Paranormal Debate

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Secretary of Education calls for political parties to “unite” on gun violence prevention

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ms. Understood

Secretary of Education calls for political parties to “unite” on gun violence prevention Empty
PostSubject: Secretary of Education calls for political parties to “unite” on gun violence prevention   Secretary of Education calls for political parties to “unite” on gun violence prevention I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 10:43 am

The debate raging on between Republicans and Democrats over the Second Amendment is a “petty” disagreement about “little things,” according to Secretary of Education Arne Duncan.

At a College Presidents for Gun Safety press conference Monday in Washington, D.C., Duncan called on members of both parties to “unite” on the issue of gun violence prevention, which he noted was very personal to him.

“We are compelled to put aside petty disagreements on little things and unite behind two very simple goals: fewer young people losing their lives to gun violence and fewer young people losing fear every single day,” Duncan said.

Duncan referenced his experiences growing up in Chicago and later as CEO of Chicago Public Schools as evidence that America has a gun violence problem that needs addressing now.

“When I was a child, a young boy, growing up on the south side of Chicago, I lost far too many of my friends to gun violence when I was 10, 11, 12, 13,” Duncan said, playing on listeners’ heartstrings. “Year after year after year, it actually got worse over time.”

Duncan conveniently forgot to mention that Chicago already has some of the strictest gun laws, yet it’s still one of the most dangerous cities in America.

From Jan. 1, 2012 until Dec. 21, 2012, “Chicago police… recorded 2,364 shooting incidents and 487 homicides, 87 percent of them gun-related,” ABC News reports. That is a 12 percent increase in shootings from the previous year.

source @ http://redalertpolitics.com/2013/02/04/secretary-of-education-calls-for-political-parties-to-unite-on-gun-violence-prevention/
Back to top Go down

Secretary of Education calls for political parties to “unite” on gun violence prevention
Page 1 of 1