Web Toolbar by Wibiya Secretary of Defense Nominee Chuck Hagel Warned President Obama About a New World

The Cuckoo's Nest

Conspiracy UFO Alternative News Paranormal Debate

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Secretary of Defense Nominee Chuck Hagel Warned President Obama About a New World

Go down 
AuthorMessage
I⊥∀NIW∩LLIʞ
Admin
Admin
I⊥∀NIW∩LLIʞ

Secretary of Defense Nominee Chuck Hagel Warned President Obama About a New World  Empty
PostSubject: Secretary of Defense Nominee Chuck Hagel Warned President Obama About a New World    Secretary of Defense Nominee Chuck Hagel Warned President Obama About a New World  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 9:40 pm

The Washington Post has published an interesting report by Bob Woodward in which a meeting in 2009 between Chuck Hagel and then newly elected President Obama is detailed.

According to the report, during this meeting Hagel warned Obama about what he termed, “the new world order” and elements within the Pentagon who hadn’t been controlled by a sitting president since the days of Bush senior.

Quote :

“We are at a time where there is a new world order. We don’t control it. You must question everything, every assumption, everything they” — the military and diplomats — “tell you.

Any assumption 10 years old is out of date. You need to question our role. You need to question the military. You need to question what are we using the military for.

Woodward then detailed a series of statements apparently made by Hagel in 2011 which indicated his strong belief of the importance of getting the Afghanistan mission done correctly.

He also voiced disagreement with Obama in his decision to send over 50,000 more troops to Afghanistan and, perhaps most importantly, exposed the massive amount of control and power held by certain elements of the military in this country.

more here: TheIntelHub
Back to top Go down
https://thecuckoosnest.forumotion.com

Secretary of Defense Nominee Chuck Hagel Warned President Obama About a New World
Page 1 of 1