Alien Moons May Be Easier to Photograph Than Planets

Go down 
AuthorMessage
I⊥∀NIW∩LLIʞ
Admin
Admin
I⊥∀NIW∩LLIʞ

Alien Moons May Be Easier to Photograph Than Planets Empty
PostSubject: Alien Moons May Be Easier to Photograph Than Planets   Alien Moons May Be Easier to Photograph Than Planets I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 9:46 am

Alien Moons May Be Easier to Photograph Than Planets Exomoons-artist-impression

Scientists looking for habitable worlds to photograph could have better luck searching for moons than for alien planets, scientists say. A moon heated by the pull of its parent planet could be visible even when the planet is hidden from view.

Powered by gravitational tugging from a planet, these exomoons would remain bright throughout their lifetimes, not just in their youth. This means stars of various ages could be hosting planets with photogenic moons.

"Unlike traditional direct imaging, there's no star that would be a bad candidate," researcher Mary Anne Peters told SPACE.com.

more here: Space
Back to top Go down
https://thecuckoosnest.forumotion.com

Alien Moons May Be Easier to Photograph Than Planets
Page 1 of 1