Conspiracy UFO Alternative News Paranormal Debate

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Gun Control Was – Historically – About Repressing Blacks

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
PlayTime

Gun Control Was – Historically – About Repressing Blacks Empty
PostSubject: Gun Control Was – Historically – About Repressing Blacks   Gun Control Was – Historically – About Repressing Blacks I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 9:28 am

Preface: I was raised to be against guns. My parents hated guns, and believed that they only lead to crime and accidental shootings.

I was raised in a blue state, and I have long been deeply influenced by leading voices for non-violence, such as Gandhi and King. So – until recently – I was pro gun-control.

As such, I was stunned to learn about the historical background behind gun control campaigns.

The Real History of Gun Control

UCLA Constitutional law professor Adam Winkler – whose commentary has been featured on CNN, The New York Times, The Los Angeles Times, The Wall Street Journal, The New Republic, and numerous other outlets, and who is a contributor to The Daily Beast and The Huffington Post – notes (via the Wall Street Journal):

[The history of gun control in America] was a constant pressure among white racists to keep guns out of the hands of African-Americans, because they would rise up and revolt.

finish reading here -- http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2013/02/gun-control-was-historically-about-represssing-blacks.html
Back to top Go down
denzon

Gun Control Was – Historically – About Repressing Blacks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Control Was – Historically – About Repressing Blacks   Gun Control Was – Historically – About Repressing Blacks I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 3:23 pm

But it doesn't matter anyway now... I think it is the Republicans who are trying to stop gun bans.
Back to top Go down

Gun Control Was – Historically – About Repressing Blacks
Page 1 of 1