Peace, Freedom and Extremism

Go down 
AuthorMessage
I⊥∀NIW∩LLIʞ
Admin
Admin
I⊥∀NIW∩LLIʞ

Peace, Freedom and Extremism Empty
PostSubject: Peace, Freedom and Extremism   Peace, Freedom and Extremism I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 10:02 pm

Peace, Freedom and Extremism Freedom-of-speech1-Copy-300x168

In a world where violence and oppression is the norm, those of us who dare to seek peace and freedom are automatically labeled as dangerous extremists.

What do people like Gandhi, Martin Luther King and John Lennon all have in common? Well, they were all extremists, extremists who wouldn’t hurt a fly.

I guess this makes some sense, considering that peace and freedom is extremely different from the values that truly direct our civilization at this point. Is this situation just another consequence of the “might makes right” philosophy that taints our society? “Might makes right” is basically another way of saying that the most popular ideas are absolute truth and that whatever those in power do is morally virtuous.

Logically, these ideas go hand in hand. If people believe that authority and popularity are the conditions that define truth and morality, then they are bound to be uncomfortable when someone starts talking about unpopular ideas that lie in opposition of the establishment values.

more here: http://intellihub.com/2013/04/02/peace-freedom-and-extremism/
Back to top Go down
https://thecuckoosnest.forumotion.com

Peace, Freedom and Extremism
Page 1 of 1