THE GREAT EASTER CONSPIRACY

Go down 
AuthorMessage
I⊥∀NIW∩LLIʞ
Admin
Admin
I⊥∀NIW∩LLIʞ

THE GREAT EASTER CONSPIRACY Empty
PostSubject: THE GREAT EASTER CONSPIRACY   THE GREAT EASTER CONSPIRACY I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 8:49 am

THE GREAT EASTER CONSPIRACY The%20Easter%20Conspiracy

Easter is one of those things, like Christmas, with a religious nut at its centre that has gradually been smothered by chocolate and silver paper over the years. The Christian view is that it commemorates the death and resurrection of Christ, but if you’re a Pagan it’s all about the miracle of spring and rebirth after the deathly months of winter – hence the bunny and those symbolic eggs.

But what is the truth?

In the internet age where information is available to all and not just the literate elite of a few centuries ago it’s much easier to question all the things we once took as gospel and ultimately make up our own minds. This is, I think, one of the reasons we love conspiracy theories.

This notion of questioning, of asking the forbidden question to discover the truth is something the human animal is drawn to and is a major part of the secret of our success. It is also, incidentally, the thing you need to step on if you want to rule over your fellow man. You don’t want people questioning your orders or your authority if you’re Empire building, you want people meek and obedient. It’s interesting that in the modern age of democratic information, Dictatorships are toppling because they can no longer control the flow of information. I would place organised religion in that same bracket.

In the Bible the very first lesson we are taught through Genesis is ‘seek forbidden knowledge and question the word of God and very bad things will happen’. The Spanish Inquisition reminded everyone about this in the late 15th century and onward by torturing and killing anyone who dared to question. But again, the modern spread of education and information beyond the cloistered walls of the literate priests has allowed people to start asking questions, and this Dictatorship of the soul is also starting to crumble. Things like Easter and Christmas and the moral monopoly of religion are being tested, mainly because for almost the first time in human history you can question religion without being burned at the stake for it.

So here’s a question: did Christ really die at Easter?

At the time Christ was supposedly preaching his gospels, the Roman Empire had a very deliberate policy of religious inclusion. They had hundreds of gods, collected over centuries of Empire building because, ever the pragmatists, they had realised early on that taking people’s land was one thing but taking away their gods was another thing entirely. So whenever they conquered new lands they would just absorb any new gods they found into the Pantheon of Roman gods. It’s actually inspired if you think about it: tolerance creates peace.

more here: http://www.simontoyne.net/news/the-great-easter-conspiracy
Back to top Go down
https://thecuckoosnest.forumotion.com

THE GREAT EASTER CONSPIRACY
Page 1 of 1