Web Toolbar by Wibiya Alcoholism vaccine will give drinkers an immediate hangover if they drink

The Cuckoo's Nest

Conspiracy UFO Alternative News Paranormal Debate

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Alcoholism vaccine will give drinkers an immediate hangover if they drink

Go down 
AuthorMessage
I⊥∀NIW∩LLIʞ
Admin
Admin
I⊥∀NIW∩LLIʞ

Alcoholism vaccine will give drinkers an immediate hangover if they drink Empty
PostSubject: Alcoholism vaccine will give drinkers an immediate hangover if they drink   Alcoholism vaccine will give drinkers an immediate hangover if they drink I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 11:12 pm

*The vaccine would be effective for between six months and a year

*It sends a message to the liver not to express genes that metabolize alcohol

*Trials on mice begin next month with human tests planned for November

A new vaccine will give anyone who drinks even a small amount of alcohol an immediate and very heavy hangover.

Scientists from the University of Chile have spent a year designing the drug in a bid to tackle the growing problem of alcoholism in the country.

The vaccine, which would be effective for between six months and a year, works by sending a biochemical message to the liver telling it not to express genes that metabolise alcohol.

Normally, the liver turns alcohol into the hangover-causing compound called acetaldehyde which is then broken down by a metabolising enzyme.

If someone who’s been vaccinated tries to drink alcohol, they will immediately experience severe nausea, accelerated heartbeat, and general discomfort.

Once the vaccine has been administered it cannot be reversed.

more here: DailyMail
Back to top Go down
https://thecuckoosnest.forumotion.com

Alcoholism vaccine will give drinkers an immediate hangover if they drink
Page 1 of 1