COURT: OBAMA APPOINTMENTS ARE UNCONSTITUTIONAL

Go down 
AuthorMessage
I⊥∀NIW∩LLIʞ
Admin
Admin
I⊥∀NIW∩LLIʞ

COURT: OBAMA APPOINTMENTS ARE UNCONSTITUTIONAL Empty
PostSubject: COURT: OBAMA APPOINTMENTS ARE UNCONSTITUTIONAL   COURT: OBAMA APPOINTMENTS ARE UNCONSTITUTIONAL I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 1:02 pm

WASHINGTON (AP) — A federal appeals court has ruled that President Barack Obama violated the Constitution when he bypassed the Senate to fill vacancies on a labor relations panel.

The U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit says Obama did not have the power to make recess appointments earlier this year to the National Labor Relations Board.

Obama claims he acted properly because the Senate was away for the holidays. But the court says the Senate technically stayed in session when lawmakers gaveled in and out every few days for so-called "pro forma" sessions.

more here: AP
Back to top Go down
https://thecuckoosnest.forumotion.com

COURT: OBAMA APPOINTMENTS ARE UNCONSTITUTIONAL
Page 1 of 1