Newtown Calls for Armed School Officers

Go down 
AuthorMessage
I⊥∀NIW∩LLIʞ
Admin
Admin
I⊥∀NIW∩LLIʞ

Newtown Calls for Armed School Officers Empty
PostSubject: Newtown Calls for Armed School Officers   Newtown Calls for Armed School Officers I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 11:03 am

The Newtown Board of Education will be asking the town to make room for more armed police officers in its budget.

In a meeting Thursday, the board voted to request the town to add full time uniformed school resource officers to its four elementary school s for the next fiscal year was approved this evening.
The officers would be Newtown police officers.

“Our parents are demanding of us that things are made safe and secure and certain measures areput in place,” said Chairwoman Debbie Leidlein. “So we’re being very thoughtful.”

Multiple police officers have been stationed at all Newtown schools since the December 14th shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary killed twenty children and 6 teachers. Those officers will remain at the school through the remainder of the school year. For the next fiscal year, resource officers were budgeted only to be at Middle and High Schools.

Parents say security involves more than a police presence. “My main concern is with accessibility to these school, said Neil Johnson, a parent of two Newtown students. “On december 14th that was the main bare-boned reason that occurred.”

“After what happened in our community, i just think we should go over and above and provide a shining example for the rest of the world and protect our kids,” said resident Donna Lorenz.
Members of the Board of Education will be meeting Friday with state and federal officials on securing additions funding for school security.

more here: http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/Newtown-Votes-for-Armed-School-Officers-189320221.html?dr
Back to top Go down
https://thecuckoosnest.forumotion.com

Newtown Calls for Armed School Officers
Page 1 of 1