DARPA Robots Now Use Tools

Go down 
AuthorMessage
I⊥∀NIW∩LLIʞ
Admin
Admin
I⊥∀NIW∩LLIʞ

DARPA Robots Now Use Tools Empty
PostSubject: DARPA Robots Now Use Tools   DARPA Robots Now Use Tools I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 2:43 pm

DARPA, the technological arm of the Pentagon, has developed a robotic arm that can perform precise actions using tools, a huge leap forward in the evolution of robotics, but one that comes with potentially destructive implications.

Extremetech reports that, unlike many other robotics developers out there, DARPA has developed a cheap robotic hand, for under $3000, that can “almost match human performance in dexterous activities, like changing a tire.”

The report warns that the development could be “ominous”, in that our biggest advantage over other forms of life on Earth is that we have the ability and intellect to precisely use tools.

As highlighted in the following video, the DARPA robotic arm can perform detailed tasks such as using a pair of tweezers to pick up objects.

more here: http://www.infowars.com/darpa-robots-now-use-tools/
Back to top Go down
https://thecuckoosnest.forumotion.com

DARPA Robots Now Use Tools
Page 1 of 1