Cardinals begin pre-conclave meetings amid scandal

Go down 
AuthorMessage
I⊥∀NIW∩LLIʞ
Admin
Admin
I⊥∀NIW∩LLIʞ

Cardinals begin pre-conclave meetings amid scandal Empty
PostSubject: Cardinals begin pre-conclave meetings amid scandal   Cardinals begin pre-conclave meetings amid scandal I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 10:31 am

VATICAN CITY (AP) - Cardinals from around the world gathered Monday inside the Vatican for their first round of meetings before the conclave to elect the next pope, amid scandals inside and out of the Vatican and the continued reverberations of Benedict XVI's decision to retire.

The Vatican said 103 of the 115 electors had arrived, while the other dozen are en route. The dean of the College of Cardinals has said a date for the conclave won't be set until all cardinals have arrived.

Among the first orders of business was the oath of secrecy each cardinal made, pledging to maintain "rigorous secrecy with regard to all matters in any way related to the election of the Roman Pontiff."

The college of cardinals also agreed to send Benedict XVI a message on behalf of the group - the text was being worked on."

more here: http://apnews.myway.com/article/20130304/DA4Q9A201.html
Back to top Go down
https://thecuckoosnest.forumotion.com

Cardinals begin pre-conclave meetings amid scandal
Page 1 of 1