The Cuckoo's Nest

Conspiracy UFO Alternative News Paranormal Debate

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

US Army seeks new ways to treat facial skin injuries

Go down 
AuthorMessage
?everything

US Army seeks new ways to treat facial skin injuries Empty
PostSubject: US Army seeks new ways to treat facial skin injuries   US Army seeks new ways to treat facial skin injuries I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 9:22 am

It is extraordinary that doctors were able to do anything for Todd Nelson.

The former US Army master sergeant's injuries were so bad the medics thought he would not survive.

"I was on my 300th-plus convoy across Kabul, Afghanistan," he recalls.

"We were headed home for the night when we passed next to a typical yellow and white sedan. When they saw us getting ready to pass, they flipped the switch.

"The blast came in my side of the truck; I was on the passenger side.

"It flipped the truck through a brick wall and put shrapnel through my right eye, into my sinus cavity.

"Both my upper and lower jawbones were crushed, as was my right orbital rim, and it crushed my forehead.

"It burned my right arm over the top of my head, [and] took my right ear off."

Nelson went through more than 40 operations to reconstruct his face. The scars are evident but what is not so apparent to someone just talking to him is the pain he still feels over large portions of his body.

found here............... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-21480652
Back to top Go down

US Army seeks new ways to treat facial skin injuries
Page 1 of 1