Tank storing radioactive waste leaking in Washington

Go down 
AuthorMessage
I⊥∀NIW∩LLIʞ
Admin
Admin
I⊥∀NIW∩LLIʞ

Tank storing radioactive waste leaking in Washington Empty
PostSubject: Tank storing radioactive waste leaking in Washington   Tank storing radioactive waste leaking in Washington I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 12:25 pm

(CNN) -- A tank storing radioactive waste at the Hanford Nuclear Reservation in southeast Washington is leaking liquids to the tune of 150 to 300 gallons per year, the governor said Friday.

"This is an extremely toxic substance, and we have to have a zero-tolerance policy for leaks of radioactive material into the ground and potentially groundwater of the state of Washington," Gov. Jay Inslee said.

He stressed that the leak poses no immediate public heath risk but said that fact should not be an excuse for complacence.

more here: http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/15/us/washington-tank-leak/index.html?hpt=hp_t2
Back to top Go down
https://thecuckoosnest.forumotion.com

Tank storing radioactive waste leaking in Washington
Page 1 of 1