Why Almost Everyone in Russia Has a Dash Cam

Go down 
AuthorMessage
I⊥∀NIW∩LLIʞ
Admin
Admin
I⊥∀NIW∩LLIʞ

Why Almost Everyone in Russia Has a Dash Cam Empty
PostSubject: Why Almost Everyone in Russia Has a Dash Cam   Why Almost Everyone in Russia Has a Dash Cam I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 8:25 am

How is it possible that a dozen different motorists around the Russian city of Chelyabinsk were able to capture video of a massive meteor flying through the sky? Because almost everyone in Russia has a dash-mounted video camera in their car.

The sheer size of the country, combined with lax — and often corrupt — law enforcement, and a legal system that rarely favors first-hand accounts of traffic collisions has made dash cams all but a requirement for motorists.

“You can get into your car without your pants on, but never get into a car without a dash cam,” Aleksei Dozorov, a motorists’ rights activist in Russia told Radio Free Europe last year.

more here: http://www.wired.com/autopia/2013/02/russian-dash-cams/
Back to top Go down
https://thecuckoosnest.forumotion.com

Why Almost Everyone in Russia Has a Dash Cam
Page 1 of 1