The Family Photo That Was Left on the Surface of the Moon

Go down 
AuthorMessage
I⊥∀NIW∩LLIʞ
Admin
Admin
I⊥∀NIW∩LLIʞ

The Family Photo That Was Left on the Surface of the Moon Empty
PostSubject: The Family Photo That Was Left on the Surface of the Moon   The Family Photo That Was Left on the Surface of the Moon I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 10:35 am

The Family Photo That Was Left on the Surface of the Moon Familymoonphoto1

We’ve seen photography of the Moon, and photography taken on the Moon; people have even left photography gear up there. But this is the first we’ve heard of a photo from Earth, not only making it to the Moon, but staying there.

Fortunately, it was left there on purpose (Can you imagine? “Uhhh … John … we need to turn around, I forgot something…”), and the story behind the picture goes something like this.

On April 23, 1972, Apollo 16 astronaut Charlie Duke took his third and final jaunt on the moon. He and fellow astronaut John Young took the Lunar Rover exploring in the Descartes Highlands, and while they were there, Duke left a token on the surface of the Moon — a portrait of his family.

more here: http://www.petapixel.com/2013/02/11/the-family-photo-that-made-it-to-the-moon/
Back to top Go down
https://thecuckoosnest.forumotion.com

The Family Photo That Was Left on the Surface of the Moon
Page 1 of 1