Dogs understand human perspective, say researchers

Go down 
AuthorMessage
I⊥∀NIW∩LLIʞ
Admin
Admin
I⊥∀NIW∩LLIʞ

Dogs understand human perspective, say researchers Empty
PostSubject: Dogs understand human perspective, say researchers   Dogs understand human perspective, say researchers I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 10:30 am

Dogs are more capable of understanding situations from a human's point of view than has previously been recognised, according to researchers.

They found dogs were four times more likely to steal food they had been forbidden, when lights were turned off so humans in the room could not see.

This suggested the dogs were able to alter their behaviour when they knew their owners' perspective had changed.

The study, published in Animal Cognition, conducted tests on 84 dogs.

The experiments had been trying to find whether dogs could adapt their behaviour in response to the changed circumstances of their human owners.

It wanted to see if dogs had a "flexible understanding" that could show they understood the viewpoint of a human.

more here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-21411249
Back to top Go down
https://thecuckoosnest.forumotion.com

Dogs understand human perspective, say researchers
Page 1 of 1