US Arms Fuel Asian Tension

Go down 
AuthorMessage
I⊥∀NIW∩LLIʞ
Admin
Admin
I⊥∀NIW∩LLIʞ

US Arms Fuel Asian Tension Empty
PostSubject: US Arms Fuel Asian Tension   US Arms Fuel Asian Tension I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 2:14 am

MANILA, Feb 11 2013 (IPS) – After a year of intense diplomatic standoff and territorial brinkmanship among disputing states in the South and East China Seas, the U.S. military ‘pivot’ to the region appears to be in full swing – a move that could further aggravate an already combustible regional dynamic.

Against the backdrop of Chinese territorial assertiveness, the year started off with the bang of big-ticket U.S. arms sales to treaty allies and strategic partners across the region, including an expanded package of sophisticated military hardware featuring state-of-the-art anti-missile systems and warplanes. On top of this, Washington has also stepped-up its joint military exercises with Asian allies perched on the forefront of ongoing territorial spats.

Building on its earlier promise of greater commitment to the freedom of navigation in the Western Pacific, an artery for global trade and energy transport, Washington aims to improve its allies’ military capabilities in a bid to rein in Beijing’s strong-willed territorial posturing.

more here: http://original.antiwar.com/javad-heydarian/2013/02/11/us-arms-fuel-asian-tension/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
Back to top Go down
https://thecuckoosnest.forumotion.com

US Arms Fuel Asian Tension
Page 1 of 1