Web Toolbar by Wibiya Arizona Republicans Propose Bill Requiring Belief In God To Graduate High School

The Cuckoo's Nest

Conspiracy UFO Alternative News Paranormal Debate

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Arizona Republicans Propose Bill Requiring Belief In God To Graduate High School

Go down 
AuthorMessage
I⊥∀NIW∩LLIʞ
Admin
Admin
I⊥∀NIW∩LLIʞ

Arizona Republicans Propose Bill Requiring Belief In God To Graduate High School Empty
PostSubject: Arizona Republicans Propose Bill Requiring Belief In God To Graduate High School   Arizona Republicans Propose Bill Requiring Belief In God To Graduate High School I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 11:33 am

Patheos reports on the effort to make high school a little more cult-y:

A group of Arizona politicians — all Republicans, of course — have proposed a law (House Bill 2467) requiring public high school students to recite the following oath in order to graduate:

I, _______, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge these duties; So help me God.

It’s bad enough the Republicans are demanding loyalty of the kind normally reserved for members of Congress and beyond. If this were to become a law, atheists would either not be allowed to graduate…or they would be forced to lie so they could graduate. Neither is acceptable.

more here: DisInfo
Back to top Go down
https://thecuckoosnest.forumotion.com

Arizona Republicans Propose Bill Requiring Belief In God To Graduate High School
Page 1 of 1