Sinkhole swallows building complex in China

Go down 
AuthorMessage
I⊥∀NIW∩LLIʞ
Admin
Admin
I⊥∀NIW∩LLIʞ

Sinkhole swallows building complex in China Empty
PostSubject: Sinkhole swallows building complex in China   Sinkhole swallows building complex in China I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 9:51 am

The ground gave way beneath a building complex in Guangzhou, China, on Tuesday afternoon, sending several buildings plunging into the earth, but causing no injuries.

Relying on reports in Chinese media, the blog Shanghaiist describes the gaping hole as more than 3,200 square feet in area and almost 30 feet deep, and still expanding.

The Sydney Morning Herald reports that the sinkhole opened up near a subway construction site. Workers noticed that the land was sinking and managed to evacuate the 300 or so people inside the buildings before they collapsed. It is not clear whether the construction caused the sinkhole.

more here: CSmonitor
Back to top Go down
https://thecuckoosnest.forumotion.com

Sinkhole swallows building complex in China
Page 1 of 1