HSBC to pay $249 million fine for US mortgage abuse

Go down 
AuthorMessage
I⊥∀NIW∩LLIʞ
Admin
Admin
I⊥∀NIW∩LLIʞ

HSBC to pay $249 million fine for US mortgage abuse Empty
PostSubject: HSBC to pay $249 million fine for US mortgage abuse   HSBC to pay $249 million fine for US mortgage abuse I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 10:52 pm

British bank HSBC has agreed to pay $249 million in compensation to home-loan borrowers hurt in the massive US mortgage and foreclosure scandal, US officials said Friday.

The Federal Reserve and the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency announced the deal, saying HSBC had to compensate borrowers affected by its “deficient practices in mortgage loan servicing and foreclosure processing.”

The global banking giant will pay $96 million to eligible borrowers and $153 million in other assistance, including loan modifications, the statement said.

read more: http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/01/18/hsbc-to-pay-249-million-fine-for-us-mortgage-abuse/
Back to top Go down
https://thecuckoosnest.forumotion.com

HSBC to pay $249 million fine for US mortgage abuse
Page 1 of 1