SEOUL — The South is now on alert “military readiness posture”, said Kim Jang-soo, South Korea’s Chief of Security. This comes after an assessment made by Jang-soo, concluding that North Korea had told foreign diplomats in Pyongyang to flee the region.
South Korean officials also stated that the North might be planning a test missile launch from the East coast of North Korea as early as Wednesday possibly firing a missile over Japan.
Some say that the young leader Kim Jung-un wants to express his power to avoid yet even more UN security council sanctions.
A recent excerpt from a Gordon Chang report shows how, “North Korea last week moved two missiles, which were subsequently loaded onto mobile launchers, to its east coast. Many expect the missiles, which have been subsequently moved to hidden locations, will be fired in trajectories arcing over Japan.
The Pentagon is not at the moment especially concerned about Pyongyang’s longest-range missile, the Taepodong-2, a variant of the successfully tested Unha-3 rocket. It takes weeks to transport, assemble, fuel, and prepare the Taepodong-2, giving U.S. forces many opportunities to destroy the missile on its large launch pad.
The Pentagon, however, is worried about Pyongyang’s mobile missiles, even though they have shorter ranges. It is telling that Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel on March 15 cited the North’s newest launcher, the KN-08, as a reason for the administration’s decision to deploy 14 additional interceptor missiles in Alaska.
more here: http://intellihub.com/2013/04/07/north-korea-provocation-continues-as-pentagon-suits-up/