The actor took heat last week when he released a vicious video attacking the late actor and NRA president Charlton Heston, lampooning Southern culture, and trashing the Second Amendment.
In a press release issued on March 29 through a public relations firm, Marleah Leslie & Associates, the Canadian comedian displayed his ignorance of the First Amendment when he considered filing a lawsuit against Fox News for its “irresponsible buffoonery” after the network dared criticize Carrey and his music video.
“I would take them to task legally if I felt they were worth my time,” he said.
“He issued a press release, which is basically a complete meltdown,” said Fox’s Greg Gutfeld, who had some choice words for the actor. “This is a guy that insulted most of America and danced on the grave of Charlton Heston. Jim Carrey is, in this letter, threatening legal action — something Charlton Heston can’t do because Charlton Heston is dead. That was the whole point, to stand up for somebody who couldn’t talk back to a fool like Jim Carrey.”