Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
I⊥∀NIW∩LLIʞ
Admin
Admin
I⊥∀NIW∩LLIʞ

Stone-Age Skeletons Unearthed In Sahara Desert Empty
PostSubject: Stone-Age Skeletons Unearthed In Sahara Desert   Stone-Age Skeletons Unearthed In Sahara Desert I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 12:19 pm

Stone-Age Skeletons Unearthed In Sahara Desert Libyan-stone-age-skeleton

Archaeologists have uncovered 20 Stone-Age skeletons in and around a rock shelter in Libya's Sahara desert, according to a new study.

The skeletons date between 8,000 and 4,200 years ago, meaning the burial place was used for millennia.

"It must have been a place of memory," said study co-author Mary Anne Tafuri, an archaeologist at the University of Cambridge. "People throughout time have kept it, and they have buried their people, over and over, generation after generation."

About 15 women and children were buried in the rock shelter, while five men and juveniles were buried under giant stone heaps called tumuli outside the shelter during a later period, when the region turned to desert.

The findings, which are detailed in the March issue of the Journal of Anthropological Archaeology, suggest the culture changed with the climate.

Source
Back to top Go down
https://thecuckoosnest.forumotion.com
xFalseProphet

Stone-Age Skeletons Unearthed In Sahara Desert Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stone-Age Skeletons Unearthed In Sahara Desert   Stone-Age Skeletons Unearthed In Sahara Desert I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 2:59 pm

Wow, 8000 year old people. No amount of olay will fix that aging, lol.

Nice find man, a step further to understanding evolution?
Back to top Go down

Stone-Age Skeletons Unearthed In Sahara Desert
Page 1 of 1