Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
I⊥∀NIW∩LLIʞ
Admin
Admin
I⊥∀NIW∩LLIʞ

Syria conflict: Many dead in huge Damascus bombing Empty
PostSubject: Syria conflict: Many dead in huge Damascus bombing   Syria conflict: Many dead in huge Damascus bombing I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 9:21 pm

Syria conflict: Many dead in huge Damascus bombing _65996636_29dd9870-253a-4259-8fa8-3309f5332bc0

The BBC's Lina Sinjab in Damascus: "The damage affected many civilian buildings"

A massive car bomb explosion in the Syrian capital, Damascus, has killed at least 53 people and injured another 200, reports say.

Syria blamed "terrorist groups linked to al-Qaeda" for the blast, which hit a central district near the headquarters of Syria's ruling Baath Party.

TV pictures showed images of bodies, wrecked cars and shattered windows.

The violence comes as Russia and the Arab League say they want to broker direct government-opposition talks.

No group has yet admitted the attack.

The Syrian foreign ministry blamed the bombing on "armed terrorist groups linked to al-Qaeda that receive financial and logistic help from abroad".

The militant Islamist al-Nusra Front previously said it had carried out many of the bombings that have rocked Syria since the uprising began in March 2011.

Meanwhile Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov described the war as "a road to nowhere".

The opposition Syrian National Coalition is holding a two-day meeting in Egypt to discuss a framework for a possible solution.

Also on Thursday, the UN and Arab League envoy for Syria, Lakhdar Brahimi, agreed to remain in office through the rest of 2013, UN spokesman Martin Nesirky told the Associated Press. Mr Brahimi's contract was due to expire on Friday.

The UN has estimated up to 70,000 people have died in the conflict in the past two years.

more here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-21529634
Back to top Go down
https://thecuckoosnest.forumotion.com
iGamer

PostSubject: Re: Syria conflict: Many dead in huge Damascus bombing   Syria conflict: Many dead in huge Damascus bombing I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 4:12 pm

May God Protect all the people in Syria, and grant them peace and protection!
Back to top Go down
Avent

PostSubject: Re: Syria conflict: Many dead in huge Damascus bombing   Syria conflict: Many dead in huge Damascus bombing I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 4:16 pm

What do you all think the chances of people pulling out of Syria soon or do you think this will be continuing for a long haul?

I respect all the people that have died fighting in this war and hope that it will be over soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Syria conflict: Many dead in huge Damascus bombing   Syria conflict: Many dead in huge Damascus bombing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Syria conflict: Many dead in huge Damascus bombing
Page 1 of 1