Flu shot not even 50% effective

Go down 
AuthorMessage
I⊥∀NIW∩LLIʞ
Admin
Admin
I⊥∀NIW∩LLIʞ

Flu shot not even 50% effective Empty
PostSubject: Flu shot not even 50% effective   Flu shot not even 50% effective I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 7:42 pm

This year's flu vaccine provided little protection to people 65 and older who got a shot, new data released by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control reveal.

The study estimates how well the vaccine did at preventing people from becoming sick enough to need to see a doctor, preventing "medically attended flu" in influenza science parlance. And the data suggest this year the vaccine didn't perform very well for older adults.

It found that a flu shot cut an older adult's risk of contracting a case of influenza A H3N2 that needed medical care by only nine per cent.

When the scientists calculated the overall effectiveness, the vaccine's ability to prevent medically attended flu caused by both flu A and B viruses, the estimate was 27 per cent for older adults.

more here: http://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/87723/Flu-shot-not-even-50-effective
Back to top Go down
https://thecuckoosnest.forumotion.com

Flu shot not even 50% effective
Page 1 of 1